Established in Hanoi, Vietnam in 2013, GaneshAID is a consultancy firm that serves the public health sector with non-profit purposes to improve health and save lives across the world. The company is specialized in health system strengthening, public health supply chain, capacity building and learning, and digital solutions for health. GaneshAID operates as a think-tank and aims to improve the health status and well-being of people in Low- and Middle-income countries in Asia Pacific, Africa, and Middle East. We mainly collaborate with development partners/sponsors (UNICEF, WHO, Gavi), governments, training institutions, etc.
For more information, please visit:
- Our website: ganeshaid.com
- Our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ganeshaid-a-nonprofit-consultancy-company-2696b5119/
Working location: Montenegro with field trips
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Advisors
Shall report to: Senior Advisors
Job title: Immunization Specialist
About the proposal
The purpose of this assignment is to contribute to strengthening the overall immunization system to ensure that children and vulnerable groups in Montenegro are timely and adequately protected against vaccine-preventable diseases through immunization services.
The objective of the assignment is to assist the Ministry of Health and Institute for Public Health to ensure efficient immunization services by defining, setting up and supporting the implementation of a supportive supervision model/system for the primary health care level workforce in Montenegro.
Under the supervision of the team leader, the immunisation specialist will:
- Conduct desk review and preparation for the field mission (remotely), development of a detailed work plan with timelines of activities and a zero-draft methodology/model/guideline on supportive supervision;
- Co-facilitate a half-day joint meeting (this can be an online meeting) with the Ministry of Health and Institute for Public Health to present the zero-draft methodology/model/guideline on supportive supervision and agree on the next steps;
- Support to develop the methodology/model/guideline on supportive supervision for defining, setting up and supporting the implementation of the supportive supervision model;
- Support to conduct training of relevant health professionals (face to face) on supportive supervision methodology/model/guideline on supportive supervision principles and techniques;
- Mentor the national supervisors in conducting one round of supervisory visits for PHCs;
- Co-write the final report for UNICEF and the Ministry of Health and Institute for Public Health including recommendations next steps in the process of setting up, introducing and potentially improving the supportive supervision model in order to ensure its sustainability;
Qualifications, competencies and experience
- Advanced university degrees in medicine, public health, epidemiology or a related technical field;
- At least five years of progressive professional experience in the field of public health, and epidemiology including training and supervising other health professionals;
- Professional experience in providing training on supportive supervision is preferable;
- Previous work experience in the Western Balkans is a strong asset;
- Previous work experience with the UN is a strong asset;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written Serbo-Croatian language.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
GaneshAID is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the Governments and Communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold creativity through collaboration and empowers our people to maximize their full potential. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application in English including a detailed CV, and expected salary to Ms Duong at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from placing calls after submitting the application.