Background and justification
GaneshAID is a consultancy firm that serves the public health sector with non-profit purposes. We specialize in health system strengthening, public health supply chain, capacity building and learning, and digital solutions for health. GaneshAID operates as a think-tank and aims to improve the health status and well-being of people in Low- and Middle-income countries in Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. Since its establishment in 2013, we have implemented almost 40 projects in around 70 countries across the world. In the years to come, GaneshAID is expected to provide technical assistance for the HPV Vaccine Programme planning and implementation in eligible countries. This will be the operational strategy to provide coordinated high-quality technical support, under governments’ leadership, ensuring country ownership and capacity building in Asia and Africa. GaneshAID will intensify the participation of local actors, agencies, and institutions with a proactive and meaningful engagement of trusted influencers, faith-based, and community-based organizations, CSOs, and humanitarian agencies in planning and implementing strategies to innovate countries’ vaccine management systems. Together with governments and development partners, they will be part of identifying problems and difficulties in managing the supply chain of vaccines, defining well as implementing the most appropriate interventions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
GaneshAID is seeking to build a roster of consultants with significant experience in immunization, vaccination, health and vaccines supply chain, new vaccine introduction, HPV vaccination programme, cervical cancer, sexual and reproductive health and rights and so on. Consultants who are selected from the roster will work under the supervision of the GaneshAID’s Senior Health Advisors. The work is contingent upon contract award and may include incidental travel to participate in field work, workshops, or conferences; such travel will be governed by GaneshAID/sponsor’s travel policies for consultants.
- Coordinate and communicate with the MOHs, EPI teams, Gavi, and other partners at the national and subnational levels, to ensure the smooth and timely implementation of the technical assistance activities for HPV vaccination programme planning and implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance to the MOHs, EPI teams, and other partners in the areas of evidence analysis and decision making, programme planning and preparation, logistics and vaccine and other supplies management, vaccine delivery, monitoring, and supervision, evaluation, and routine immunisation strengthening
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to discuss and review the performance and progress of the HPV vaccination programmes.
- Support and contribute to the documentation and dissemination of lessons and best practices arising from the consortium’s technical assistance provided to the HPV vaccination programmes.
- Report to and collaborate with GaneshAID as the company’s in-country focal point and consultant.
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in areas of public health. A Master’s qualification in the related fields is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working across public health and immunization programs, especially new vaccine introduction interventions, HPV vaccination, cervical cancer, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and gender-related issues, in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience working with Ministri(es) of Health and development partners in implementing public health programs at country/regional/global levels
- Experience working in/supporting African and Asian countri(es) with proven knowledge of the local context and culture, and the health system and policies of the countri(es) or region(s) of assignment.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong professional oral communication and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
- Ability to work in French/English/Portuguese and a local language
Selection and recruitment process
The goal of this position is to compile a list of qualified candidates for inclusion in the roster that has been posted. Successful candidates will be added to the roster and may be chosen for consulting assignments in this field or with similar requirements/ tasks/ deliverables in the future. Inclusion on the Roster does not guarantee that you will be hired as a consultant. Neither party has made a commitment.
Consultants chosen from the roster will work on particular deliverables and deadlines set by the office based on project requirements. GaneshAID will issue the consultant with a contract. The contract’s length will be determined by the project’s requirements and financing availability.
For any clarifications, please write to email@example.com
Please note that all candidates should complete an online application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please be encouraged to send their CVs and rates to Ms. Duong at firstname.lastname@example.org.